Our Top 10 Best Boots for A/W18
Boots are brilliant for Autumn and Winter.
Obviously, they are the best kind of footwear to keep your feet warm when the temperature falls. But they are also the perfect way to finish and style all your A/W outfits.
We love boots with denim, and we love them with tailoring. For a leg-lengthening trick, team straight jeans with high-heeled ankle boots. Alternatively, tuck jeans into knee-length boots.
If you are wearing a sleek tux or palazzo-pants for party-wear, consider adding them rather than sandals for an edgier look.
Boots look great with midis and maxis. They can look business-like and polished for work-wear. They also give an edge to chiffon and other “evening” fabrics that are so on-trend right now for daywear.
And best of all, if you team any flat boots with heavyweight opaque tights (or with a pair of leggings) they can give additional wardrobe life to skirts or dresses which we thought were unwearable because they were too short…
Here is our Top 10. Find fashion with function right here…
- Mmmm, pale caramel with shearling trim, from TOMS. Cyndy is lusting after these…
2. Also from TOMS. The perfect ankle boot to wear with navy, grey and everthing denim
3. Burgundy, with a chunky heel. Here is polished elegance from Hotter
4. Jan can’t wait to get her hands on these pale beauties from TOMS
5. Perfectly on-trend animal print, from Boden
6. Yummmmm. Black ankle boots sporting the season’s hot block-heel. By Geox at John Lewis & Partners
7. Elegant, on-trend, goes-with-everything and powerfully comfortable, from FitFlop
8. Elegant, and they pull into A/W18 everything in our wardrobe. From M&S
9 & 10. And to show you that we value practicality, too, here are two of our fave knee-high boots. The beauty on the left is for seriously keeping us warm. It is from Celtic & Co, while the wide-fit Riding-boot (right) is by Dune.
Do you prefer long or short boots? Have you found your perfect pair yet?