Whether sprucing up for autumn or looking toward 2020, October provides the perfect time to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to interior design.
Fortunately, rather than start from a completely blank slate, the autumn/winter trends use the summer trends as a starting point, expanding on summer’s key colours and patterns. We’re oh-so pleased with this, since it means we can simply evolve our summer looks rather than have to start all over again! Again, we’re choosing timeless and classic designs over statement trends, meaning you won’t tire from these seasonal looks.
Furthering from the linen textures trend of summer, cosy layering is key for the winter months. Abstract cushions and art prints intertwine with throws and rugs for a layering effect, all in bold, punchy colourways and linen, velvet or faux fur textures to add a touch of brightness to those dark winter nights.
- Made.com Axle Printed Triangles Cushion
- Next Tufted Pom Pom Cushion
- H&M Velvet Bedspread
- John Lewis & Partners Analogue Abstract Framed Print
- La Redoute Lodge Printed Duvet Cover
If bold, stand-out colours aren’t your thing, you’ll be pleased to know neutral colours are here to stay. Nordic and Scandinavian designs sit perfectly with soft yet warming colours, complete with pale wood sustainable pieces and cosy textures.
- Asda George Marble Effect Clock
- John Lewis & Partners Mongolian Sheepskin Cushion
- Next Tufted Metallic Geo Cushion
- John Lewis & Partners Fusion Natural Seagrass Basket
- La Redoute Afaw Berber Print Cotton Tassel Duvet Cover
The roaring twenties with its scalloped designs, glamorous accessories and opulent colours are here to stay as we head into 2020. Rich peacock blue hues mix with golds and ochres, in luxe velvet and metal materials.
- Laura Ashley Rene Antique Gold Rug
- Made.com Accent Chair
- Marks & Spencer Round Metal & Glass Side Table
- H&M Quilted Bedspread
- Next Diamond Geo Print Eyelet Curtains
The resurgence of indoor plants are here to stay, and we’re pleased with the benefits they provide- they reduce stress, increase wellbeing and improve air quality. Team plants and tropical prints with blush colourways for a pretty trend that will keep your room bright and cheerful through the winter months.
- Made.com Jangala Velvet Cushion
- Debenhams East End Prints Black Leaf Print
- John Lewis & Partners West Elm Artificial Fig Plant
- Debenhams Green and Pink Lucia Plant
- La Redoute Weso Flat Woven Leaf Pattern Rug
Whether it’s 70s boho or all-out autumn you prefer, autumnal hues are oh-so cosy for this time of year. Pick from ornamental pumpkins and leaves for fall, or settle on caramel and custard colourways for a hint of mid-century style in your home.
- Marks & Spencer Woodland Animal Print Cushion
- Laura Ashley Pumpkin Serving Dish
- Next Squirrel Ornament
- John Lewis & Partners Neom Organic Candle
- La Redoute Daya Duvet Cover
Will you be updating your home for autumn, or do you prefer to keep timeless pieces in your house? We’d love to hear about your furniture styling in the comments.