It’s the new season, and although the weather has been confusing us all, veering between tropical and autumnal, and back again, it is now almost the end of September.
It’s time to get a grip on your new season’s wardrobe with a great dress with sleeves – a dress that’s perfectly on trend, and won’t make you look like you’ve borrowed something from your daughter!
So here are our Top 15 new season dresses from all your favourite brands. Burgundy and the spice colours (gosh, that sounds like a girl band from the 90s) are among the hottest colours, so if you are tired of black, they are the shades to crave. Plus, all of them have sleeves!
1. First up, we adore this Karen Millen, £199, Georgette Orchid Dress. The longer length is very on-trend and that structured neckline and waist detail is so flattering. Wear yours with ballet pumps, or gorgeous suede knee-high boots for the ultimate boho chic.
2. The ultimate shift dress, this Jigsaw, £98, Cyanograph Printed Dress is high on our most wanted list. A very subtley nipped in waist means this dress fits in all the right places, while not being too clingy – no need for Spanx if you don’t feel like it! Compliment the gorgeous petrol colour print by picking out either the black or the light blue and going for it with your shoes and accessories!
3. We adore the bright hue of this Jaeger, £99, Jersey Seam Detail Dress, and the loose fit means it’s perfect when you’re having a ‘nothing-to-wear’ day. This dress is so versitle, you can pretty much style it however you like! Try adding a statement biker for an edgy look, or keep it simple with a pair of sparkling white plimsolls.
4. If you want a dress with endless possibilities, look no further than this Laura Ashley, £66, Floral Botanical 2-in-1 Dress. If you need to save time in the mornings, and pairing shirts and skirts just takes too long then this is for you! Team it with black courts for work, or cute ankle boots and a statement bag for weekends.
5. If you are after a plus dress, this Striped Shirt Dress from Elvi, £52, is perfect. The vertical stripes and little tie waist make it super flattering, and the gorgeous russet red is a A/W16 must-have colour. It has quite high side splits so this dress will need to be layered over a nude camisole, or even over a strappy top and jeans for a wonderfully chic weekend look.
6. Adorned with a contemporary blurred print, this Marianne Blur Print Dress from Reiss, £180, is just crying out to be in your wardrobe! It has a lovely feminine shape, and is neatly finished off with a lace trim neckline and cuffs. Try pairing yours with simple grey heels, and if you’re feeling daring, try matching your bag to the rust red or aqua blue from the dress!
7. If it’s a simple dress you’re after then why not try this Mable Jersey Dress from White Stuff, £49.95. Although the dragonfly print may look busy, this dress is actually going to be your new just-throw-it-on best friend. The flattering pleats and the soft jersey fabric mean you will feel comfortable all day. Autumn = ankle boots. Time to crack yours out!
8. If you’re blessed with supermodel height (or maybe you just like longer length dresses) then take a look at this Tall Black Spot Lace Dress from Dorothy Perkins, £18.24. This jersey dress has a wonderfully fun lace trim on the sleeves and hem – how cheeky! Take heed from this lovely model and jazz yours up with some bright shoes!
9. Floral print is usually found over the summer months, but this seductively prettyMabel Print Long-sleeve Dress from Monsoon, £69, brings it straight into Autumn. The v-shaped, cross-over neckline flatters the bust, while the defined waist draws attention to the smallest part of your silhouette. If you want to accessorise, keep it simple – nothing should distract from that stunning print!
10. From Phase Eight, £89, this Costa Rica dress eases you nicely into the colder months. The oversized brushstroke print is a flattering charcoal colour, which works wonderfully well with cooler skin-tones. Team yours with ankle-bootss for lunch, or smart loafers and a blazer for the office.
11. A sublime merging of 2 of the best A/W trends – spice colours and ombre – this Gina Bacconi @ John Lewis, £160, Jersey Dress is one to keep your eye on. The tweed print means this dress will look oh-so-chic in the office, converting seamlessly into a gorgeous going out dress with the addition of a statement necklace!
12. This sassy check dress from Precis, £99, checks all the right boxes for us! If you’re a petite lady, this dress is designed to fit you in all the right places and boasts a gorgeous jersey fabric, with piping at the waist. It would look great with or without tights, depending on the ever-changing English weather!
13. We’re back to the plum-spice colours of A/W with this beautiful Belted Kimono Dress from Ted Baker, £179. This truly opulent design has been finished with a leather belt that evokes the wide sash of the Japanese obi. The belt can be removed if you’re not a fan! This Far East-inspired dress would look really fab with a statement golf cuff!
14. If you’re after something a little different, then take a look at this Split Sleeve Tunic from Jacques Vert, £99. Its shift-style means it’s a great throw-on-and-go piece. The beautiful pale browny-pink colour is brilliantly flattering, especially if you are a blonde! Team yours with neutral heels for a gorgeous afternoon-tea-with-the-girls look!
15. Cut to create a fitted silhouette, this Block-colour Shift Dress from M&S, £45, is fab for work and play. The paneling is flattering for all body shapes, and the tweed top section makes this a very smart choice. Simple courts would look great with this, or maybe some flats for workwear. Try jazzing yours up with a statement, jewel-tone bag.
Which of our Top 15 Dresses with Sleeves is your favourite?
[su_button url=”http://www.sosensational.co.uk/shop/dresses-sleeve-length/” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Shop Dresses with Sleeves[/su_button]