As we explain often, our raison d’etre at SoSensational is to show you fabulous fashion that is appropriate for older women.
And frequently, this fabulous fashion that is also appropriate is to be found in unexpected places.
Topshop may be among the brands you think of as “too young;” indeed, Topshop may head the list of brands you think of as “too young” because Topshop is indisputably a hip, cool and very edgy fashion brand.
In fact, so definitively a leading brand in cutting-edge fashion that Topshop is showing on the catwalk at London Fashion Week which is running right now, showcasing London’s fashion talent. But because they have fashion for the catwalk and for under-25s does not mean they don’t have fabulous fashion that is also appropriate for a grown up woman. They do.
And to prove it, Cyndy and Jan have chosen their favourite pieces from the Topshop autumn/winter 16 collection, to wear to LFW and to love for the whole A/W season.
Here are the Topshop pieces that are on Jan and Cyndy’s List of Lust for the Front Row at LFW and for the whole season:
- Cyndy loves leopard-print but this boyfriend coat in leopard has caught Jan’s eye and she wants to wear it for her place beside the runway. She will style it with black skinny jeans and – depending on how hot it is during LFW – either a black tee or a black polo-neck, plus black trainers and an oversized tote.
- Jan has fallen for these stunning boots. Metallic is, of course, still huge for A/W and these real-leather boots with their divine flared heel in achingly on-trend silver, make the cut for Jan. She will style them with a mid-calf midi skirt and maybe an oversized biker jacket.
- Cyndy, meanwhile, is also loving metallic and really wants these gold leather ankle boots with their very on-trend “Cowboy-boot” vibe. Cyndy will style them with skinny jeans plus a boyfriend sweater or a crisp shirt and a boyfriend cardi, and an oversized scarf.
- Still with a metallic vibe, Jan and Cyndy both love these loafers, in pewter. They would both style them with ankle-grazer jeans. Jan would add a white tee which she would wear long or, perhaps, tucked in.
- She would then add this oversized biker jacket:
- Cyndy would pair her loafers and ankle-grazer jeans with this slouchy white pyjama-style shirt which would take a roll-neck sweater for work or weekends, and just some statement jewellery for going out.
- As a stunning transitional piece (which can also go under a coat when winter really hits) Cyndy absolutely loves this Polka Lurex Knit jumper. She will style it with black trousers and pumps for work, or sporty drawstring trousers, trainers and a scarf – perfect for walking in the autumn…
- In this check shirt-dress, Jan has spotted a brilliant addition to her transitional and winter wardrobe. Because it’s a bit shorter than Jan normally wears, she will wear it with opaques (and later, in deepest winter, with heavy ribbed tights) plus low-heeled or flat ankle boots, a slouchy leather belt and a statement necklace.
- Jan is seriously in lust with this asymmetric dress which she would style for going out with some high-heel ankle boots and statement jewellery. She would also style it with opaques and flat boots or trainers plus a scarf, for work or off-duty wear.
- Cyndy has found this stunning wrap dress in the Topshop Tall collection. As we have mentioned, if you are tall’ish (as both Cyndy and Jan are), though not necessarily in need of Tall clothing, dresses and skirts from a Tall collection are often a more grown up length. This one, in a bright coral, will be Cyndy’s go-to frock for A/W. She will style it with a vest top or long-sleeve tee plus opaques, flat boots and a scarf for work, and will switch to statement jewellery and heels for going out.
What do you think of our Topshop Top 10? Tell us your fave below!
[su_button url=”http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?platform=dl&awinmid=6009&awinaffid=99908&clickref=aw&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topshop.com%2F” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Shop Topshop[/su_button]