Judy Bentinck is a London milliner offering a bespoke service as well as a range of ready-to-wear hats and headpieces – all designed for special occasions.
Judy’s forte is creating sensational headwear for Mothers Of The Bride and Mothers Of The Groom. With 16 years of experience, she has a clear understanding of what is needed both for the occasion and for the chosen outfit.
Here are some of Judy’s tips to help you choose your perfect hat:
- Proportions are very important when wearing a hat or headpiece to a wedding or, indeed, for any formal occasion.
- It is best to never have a brim wider than your shoulders. Big brims can drown a petite person, and whatever your height, a big brim means your face can’t be seen, so try to choose an upward tilting brim that doesn’t hide the face.
3. Tall hats don’t work with a long face; a medium height crown is more flattering.
4. If you chose to wear a headpiece or small cocktail hat then wear it to one side of the head in a stylish angle. Traditionally they are worn tilted over the right eye, although this sometimes looks wrong with a distinctive parting or hair style so be flexible!
5. For those who need to wear glasses, chose a hat with a brim that is upturned or sweeping up on one side.
6. Most importantly, remember that because you will be in so many photographs, you don’t want to wear a hat that casts a shadow across your face.
7. Wear what you feel comfortable with, that makes you feel good and relaxed. The fit is important too, you don’t want to be holding onto your hat throughout the day nor wishing it was less tight!
Do tell us below which is your favourite Judy Bentinck hat! Cyndy loves them all!
[su_button url=”http://www.sosensational.co.uk/brands-and-boutiques/judy-bentinck/” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Shop Judy Bentinck [/su_button]