It’s that time of year again… Christmas is over and the January blues are fast approaching. However, making wise New Year’s Resolutions (i.e. good ones that can actually be kept) can give us something to focus on and lift our spirits – which is all good and positive in our books!
Of course, there’s always the same old resolution we all make every year to ‘lose weight’ so we are ignoring that. But here are some we think will contribute to a happier 2016…
- Take more photos. It’s nice to look back on moments that made us happy; in years to come, the moments we live now might be the ones we remember fondly and that bring a smile to our face . So shake off that reluctance, that “No, no I don’t look great, I don’t want to be in it.” Give a big smile and make sure you get a copy of the pictures that you can either file on your laptop or have printed to look at.
- If you were not lucky enough to go travelling the world in your late teens, then there may be a lot of the world you have yet to see. 2016 could be the year you see it. Make a list of all the places you want to visit, And resolve to visit the first place on your list before the end of 2016.
- Look after your health. With all the focus on being slim and losing weight, we can easily lose sight of the underlying importance of simply being healthy – and it is too easy to confuse slim and healthy. You don’t need to go to the gym every day to be healthy. So this new year, why not just try to eat better, look after your hair and skin and take your vitamins?
- Be more confident. Think of all the time we women spend looking in the mirror criticising our flaws, viewing our lumps and bumps and adding to our insecurities. Instead, try to turn them into positives: carrying more weight round your hips? Other women would die for those curves! Think your ankles are too skinny? You can wear fabulous shoes others can’t pull off! We all come in different shapes and sizes and being a size 8 is not the greatest achievement in life. There’s inspiration to be found in the likes of Adele and Ashley Graham (check out her Instagram here you won’t regret it, trust us).
- And finally, bring yourself into the digital age. With the whole world on their phones 24/7 it seems like a strange one but don’t be left behind. Get yourself a Twitter and Instagram account, or get a smartphone if you haven’t already got one. You’ll be surprised how fast news spreads on social media and you find out about things as they happen (and way before events are reported on the news or printed in newspapers). Instagram is also a great way to find inspiration; whether you are decorating your home or looking for a new outfit, you’ll find a whole host of ideas.
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? Let us know what you’re pledging to change. We love hearing from you! We would also like to wish you ALL a very happy and healthy 2016!
[su_button url=”http://www.sosensational.co.uk/our-bake-off/” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Find Our Healthy Recipes Here![/su_button]