As the weather cools down and the nights draw in, we’ve been looking for some heart-warming new recipes from Simply Cook to keep our tastebuds going through the autumn and winter months!
At just £3 for your first box of 4 recipes kits, Simply Cook is such an easy way to cook tasty dishes and try new cuisines. We tried three new dishes to keep us warm in the chill, and wanted to share them with you so you can have your own restaurant-quality dishes at home…
Mexican Pork One-Pot
You will need:
200g pork mince
100g basmati rice
400g black beans
5 spring onions
1 granny smith apple
Mexican stock pot, smoky chipotle paste and roasted whole spices Simply Cook kit
- Fry your pork mince on medium high heat and stir until golden. Add your roasted whole spices and fry for 30 seconds, and add the smoky chipotle paste with 1tsp or sugar and 2tbsps of water, and mix it all in.
- Stir fry your rice for 30 seconds before adding the black beans. Add in the Mexican stock pot from Simply Cook, and stir it in. Add 300ml of boiling water and stir until the stock has dissolved. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until your rice is tender.
- As the rice cooks, peel and cut the apple into cubes and thinly slice the spring onion.
- Once the rice is done, add your apple and spring onions, and serve immediately.
Hot Cajun Meatballs
You will need:
350g/12 beef meatballs
200g tin chopped tomatoes
Chicken stock, hot pepper sauce and cajun seasoning Simply Cook kit
- Boil 300ml water in a lidded saucepan, add the chicken stock and mix well. Add the rice, bring it back to the boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the meatballs, sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and fry until browned.
- Make your sauce. Add the pepper and fry for 2 minutes, then stir in the chopped tomatoes and hot pepper sauce, and cook over a medium 8-10 minutes. Add 1tsp of sugar if desired.
- Serve your rice with meatballs and sauce on top.
Moghul Chicken Korma
120g basmati rice
100ml single cream
15g ground almonds
1tsp (brown) sugar
2 chicken breast fillets cut into pieces
Korma curry paste, coconut and garlic puree and korma spice garnish Simply Cook kit.
- Cook your rice according to the pack, heat oil in your saucepan and fry the onions for 6-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the korma curry paste and 1tbsp of water to the onions and fry for one minute.
- Turn your heat down and mix in 1tsp sugar with the ground almonds. Pour in your cream, bring it to a gentle simmer and let it cook for 2 minutes with the lid on. Stir in your korma spice garnish and re-cover the pan for 3 more minutes.
- Serve the korma over rice with some flaked almonds to garnish.
Have you got any recipes you’d like to share in the comments, or have you tried these? We’d love to know what you think!