Spring isn’t just for cleaning, it’s also the perfect time to refresh your home ready for summer.
Where fashion takes an overhaul every season, homeware fortunately evolves each season, meaning we don’t have to purchase a new sofa every month! From taking our autumn trends, we’re updating each piece with more classic designs rather than statement trends for small, smart updates rather than huge furniture changes.
Blue is the new grey, and Pantone are here to prove it. Whether you’re heading all out with the colour of the year, the Classic Blue, on your statement wall, or looking for small blue accessories, it’s easy to match up blue to previous trends like the nordic look for contrasting style or the roaring 20s.
- John Lewis & Partners, Orla Kiely Acapulco Cushion, £40
- Made.com, Holden Geometric Hand Tufted Wool Rug, £449
- Marks & Spencer, Olivia Print Bedding Set, £19.50-£49.50
- La Redoute, Anafi Cement Vase, £80
- Next, Blue Watercolour Canvas, £50
Creating a room with a variety of textures is an easy way to add interest. Taking on from the nordic trends, we’re using cosy textures in similar colours for a layered look.
- John Lewis & Partners Anthropologie Tulum Cushion, £88
- Dunelm, Seagrass Mirror, £35
- Cox & Cox, White Striped Seagrass Baskets, £65
- Marks & Spencer, Striped Vase, £12.50
- Made.com, Columba Abstract Set of Prints, £129
We’re so pleased, traditional prints are back! Whilst they never went completely out of style, they’re set to be huge this season. We’re thinking bird print bedding, pale floral wallpaper and pretty art.
- Laura Ashley, Adeline Dusky Rose Wallpaper, £24
- Marks & Spencer, Somerset Glass Lantern, £19.50
- Next, Janet Bell ‘Summer Fields’ Canvas, £50
- Laura Ashley, Wisteria Embroidered Cranberry Cushion, was £50, now £30
- La Redoute, Eden Flower Cotton Percale Duvet Cover, from £35
Eco-friendly fashion is a hot topic at the minute, and it’s important we shop responsibly with furniture and homeware too. From natural fibres to recycled fabrics and sustainable wood, there’s plenty of choice!
- H&M, Embroidered Cushion Cover, £12.99
- Not on the High Street, Chalkney Woven Throw, £320
- The White Company, Jute Woven Coasters, £16
- Dunelm, Nellie Cotton & Recycled Polyester Duvet Cover Set, £10-£14
Will you be updating your home for spring? We’d love to hear about your furniture styling in the comments.