Argan Oil has been a huge hit of the last few years, we’ve spotted it in so many hair products!
However, we can see a huge difference between cheap products with Argan Oil in, and quality, more expensive products- so, what’s the difference? Is argan oil worth the premium price point? We set out to find the answers to these questions just for you…
Argan Oil comes from Morocco, around the base of the Atlas Mountains, which is sadly the last remaining area of natural argan forest due to deforestation, so we can instantly see why premium argan oil has a more premium price tag; to help look after this UNESCO reserve.
There are so many benefits of argan oil, and it’s fabulous for skin as well as hair! See for yourself:
- Used to treat and prevent stretch marks- by reduce inflammation and improving the elasticity of skin, it can help treat our stretch marks
- Anti-ageing properties- the composition of vitamins, essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants help restore the lipid layer, protecting it from prematue ageing
- Reduces lines and wrinkles- argan oil is packed with collagen and ingredients to make the skin supple and smooth
- Moisturises hair- argan oil promotes healthy hair growth with vitamin E, and can reduce split ends and hair damage
- Promotes wound healing- a study shows it can help heal burns much more quickly
- Treats skin conditions- the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds help treat acne, eczema and skin infections
As we mentioned, there’s a huge range of different argan oil products available, so we wanted to see whether premium pieces were worth the extra money. One brand that particularly stood out to us was Simply Argan! Simply Argan invested heavily in research and development to find the best quality oil, with a luxe nutty aroma rather than the usual unpleasant smell. Their argan oil is rich in vitamin E and A, anti-oxidants, fatty acids and more, and also contain no preservatives and colourings, making it vegan and cruelty free.
Take a look at some of our Simply Argan favourites, and see for yourself by clicking the images…