Can we all afford two totally separate wardrobes – one for work and one for weekends? Noooo, we can’t. And if we like trends and enjoy updating our wardrobe as each season comes around (“or is that just me?” asks Jan) is it clever to invest in some major items of clothing we might only wear for 2/7 of a week – i.e. only for off-duty wear at weekends?
At SoSensational, we have got creative with Workwear. We have not only found you all the gorgeous and on-trend clothes you will want for Spring 2016, but we have some suggestions to offer on how to style them for both work and weekends – so, with only a bit of savvy switching of accessories/tops, etc, you get double duty from any major spring purchases.
- Your basic neutral for work does not have to be black. Navy, brown, taupe and grey are equally businesslike and may suit you better
- Plimsolls and sneakers are a key trend for S/S16. If you buy a pair in a neutral or dark colour you can incorporate them into your 9-to-5 wardrobe and wear them at weekends.
- Pleats are also a key spring 2016 trend. A pleated skirt in a dark neutral could easily slot into a working wardrobe, teamed with a tailored blazer and a plain top. To keep this look on trend, style it for work (or, for that matter, for weekend wear) with chunky flats such as dark plimsolls or brogues.
- Orange is again an important colour for spring 2016. Not especially work-appropriate if worn head-to-toe, it works well for 9-to-5 wear as an accent colour– as a bag, scarf, shoes or necklace.
- To speed up handbag changes on busy pre-work early-mornings, treat yourself to a handbag organiser or (cheaper and equally effective) buy a large, clear-plastic zip-top cosmetic bag. Whichever you choose, use it to store all your essentials (be sure to include glasses, sunnies, keys, lanyard, lippy, mobile, Oyster card, etc) so you can switch bags in an instant and never leave anything vital at home.
- While we are on the subject of handbags, Jan and Cyndy both own up to keeping far, far too much rubbish in their handbags, making their bags very heavy. A good tip to avoid shoulder-strain is to regularly prune the contents of your bag and your wallet, too. Throw away rubbish and store items not essential for your handbag, elsewhere!
Here we have chosen some great work to weekend crossover pieces and shown you how to style them!
What is your favourite workwear piece? Let us know below…
[su_button url=”http://www.sosensational.co.uk/shop/workwear-suits/” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Shop Workwear[/su_button]