TMG Media Limited trading as SoSensational (referred to in this document as SoSensational) recognise that your privacy is very important to you and we are totally committed to protecting your privacy.
Our Data Processor is Cyndy Lessing ([email protected])
What information do we collect?
You can generally visit this site without telling us who you are. We will only collect personal information about you if you choose to provide it, such as signing up for the Newsletter, Wishlist or entering a competition, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the UK region or country from which you are visiting our site, the type of internet browser you use or the site from which you linked to our site. We may collect other details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, the resources that you access and other communication data, such as your operating system, for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns.
We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third-party sites (i.e. sites to which it is possible to link from our site) with information relating to the number of users linking to their site from our site.
You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on SoSensational.
Your personal information – how we collect it, what it is used for, and how long we retain it…
- If you register or subscribe to our newsletters, you will have provided your name and email address. We will use these details to send you our newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the newsletter.If our newsletters remain unopened for more than 2 years, we will remove your details. Of course, you can sign up to opt back in at any time.
- If you register for our Wishlist, you will have provided your name, email address, age, gender, postal address and details of your favourite brands. If you agree, we may email you to let you know if one of your favourite brands has a special offer, or other relevant information that could be useful to you. If your Wishlist remains untouched for over 2 years, we will remove your details.
- If you enter a competition, we collect your name, email address, postal address and telephone number (optional). The information is collated in a database, which is retained on our website for 8 months. It is also retained on our computers for an indefinite period in case we need to refer back to the details. Other than with the prize giving brand, this information is not shared. Please see more below about the way we deal with information supplied to enter a competition in “Disclosing your information to others – Computers”.
- If you comment on a blog post, your email address is not visible except to SoSensational. We may respond to you in the comment section of the blog but if the response contains information which could be personal to you, perhaps about size or a specific physical disability, we will respond privately by email. A record will be kept of that correspondence for an indefinite period.
Why do we collect and use personal information?
Where you choose to provide personal information it may be used by us in order to:
- Deliver our e-newsletters where you have signed up to receive these.
- Customise the service we provide to you
- Verify your identity if you are a competition winner.
- Carry out surveys and market research.
- Send you information and offers about products, services and competitions which we believe will be relevant and of interest to you
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or phone number.
Disclosing your information to others
Certain services offered by SoSensational are provided in conjunction with third party service providers such as mail houses, who store names and email addresses so that we can send out newsletters, and IT service providers so that they can maintain and develop our website. So we may need to share your personal information with them in order to provide these services.
We do not sell your data but if you enter a competition, we do share the details you give us with the Competition prize giving brand or their agent.
In order to enter the competitions, we ask you to enter your full name, email address, and postal address (your phone number is optional) and we pass on your details to the brand that is offering the prize.
We will email the winner and pass on details of the prize winner(s) to the prize giving brand or their agent together with the database of all entrants. The brand (or their agent) may email you from time to time. Of course, you can unsubscribe from their email at any time.
Unless you have specifically requested us to SMS or phone you, we will only contact you by email.
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as part of a reorganisation or a sale of the assets of TMG Media Limited t/a SoSensational. The company will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy document, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Information about products and services
If you register or subscribe to our e-newsletters we may from time to time, send you, with your consent, details of products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details, email [email protected] and put “No products or samples” in the subject line.
You can opt out of other third-party vendors’ cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
The Internet is not a secure medium. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. We have implemented technology and processes to help safeguard your privacy, to prevent unauthorised access and improper use. The steps include the storage of your information on secure services protected in secure facilities. We will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
Transferring your personal information outside the European Economic Area
As part of the services offered to you through our site, the information you provide to us may from time to time be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside the EEA, or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Third party sites
When using our Site you may choose to click through to other websites, blogs, forums, adverts and offers. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our site. We take no responsibility or liability for any information, cookies or data collected by these other sites, and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit before you submit any personal data.
In addition, if you linked to our site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you. If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to us at [email protected] or in writing to:
TMG Media Limited t/a SoSensational
4 Chase Side