This year they’re bigger and more popular than ever, partly because they’re such fabulous value but also because they’re just plain fabulous.
Crammed with luxury skincare, must-have make-up, exquisite fragrances and a tempting range of other glamorous treats, beauty advent calendars cost far less than the products inside them cost individually and this season nearly every brand, store and website, from ASOS to Selfridges, have their own versions.
Whether you buy one as a December gift for yourself or as a well from which to pick stocking fillers for others, they can save you hundreds of pounds, not to mention hours of shopping. However they sell out fast so you need to be quick. Here are a few of our favourites…
1. For pure luxury: Selfridges Beauty Workshop Advent Calendar, costs £70 but its products have a value of £250. Among its 24 covetable contents are This Works Pillow Spray, Eve Lom Cleanser, Rodial Superacid Rush Peel, St Tropez Gradual Tan Tinted Body Lotion and Erborian CC Cream (surely the best CC cream on the market), while make-up includes Eyeko Deluxe Black Magic Mascara, 3INA The Pen Eyeliner, Lord & Berry Travel Cheek Crayon and Beauty Blender Liner Designer.
2. One for the boys: Although their calendar for women has already sold out, the ASOS Grooming Advent Calendar, £55, is a great gift for men thanks to hair and skincare from brands such as Rituals, Elemis, Jamie Stevens, Scaramouche & Fandango, Carmex and Murdoch, plus an ASOS discount code.
3. The bargain: Mad Beauty 12 Days of Pampering is exclusively available from ASOS online. This cheerful mini advent calendar has a suitably mini price of £10.99 and its twelve doors reveal brightly coloured haircare, bath salts and fizzers, hand cream, lip balms, nail files and even a bath sponge.
4. For him and her: Molton Brown Cabinet of Scented Luxuries Beauty Advent Calendar is priced at £165 and comes crammed with treats for both him and her. A number of their delicious fragrances (including Rosa Absolute, Black Peppercorn, Coastal Cypress and Sea Fennel, Yang Ylang, Mesmerising Oudh and Tobacco Absolute) feature in the 24 luxurious body washes, scrubs, lotions, potions and mini candles.
5. The fairytale blockbuster: lookfantastic’s Beauty in Wonderland Advent Calendar is priced at £79 but is worth more than £300. Housed in a decadent and elaborately decorated case are 25 beauty products that have been carefully selected, wrapped and boxed, ready to be spritzed, loved and swatched. The advent calendar includes 9 full-sized products and 16 deluxe samples; 19 of which are exclusive to lookfantastic.
6. Curated by experts: Feelunique 12 Days of Beauty Calendar costs a modest £35 but boasts a value of more than £90. Specially selected by the Feelunique team, each glittery door reveals another beauty treat from top drawer brands such as Elizabeth Arden, Gatineau, Inika, Jurlique, NYX, Organic Pharmacy and Revlon. Expect six full size and six sample size luxuries ranging from shower gels and moisturising treatments to skin illuminators, hair care and eye make-up.
7. Make-up must-haves: BareMinerals Box of Wonders Advent Calendar, £75 is a treasure chest of the brand’s renowned kind-to-skin make-up including Finishing Powders, burnished blushers, luscious lipsticks, gorgeous glosses and other glamorous must-haves.
8. The glamorizer: The Body Shop 25 Days Ultimate Advent Calendar, £99, is one of four advent calendars for different budgets, with prices that start from £45. This particular selection costs £99 but has a value of £214, and it features spa-style pamperers, cleansers and anti-ageing treats as well as glitter dusts, lip and cheek stain and more. But that’s not all – the calendar itself transforms into a family style trivia quiz to play with the family afterwards.
9. The pamper zone: Clarins 12 Days of Christmas Calendar, £60, contains 12 exquisite beauty treats including face and body cleansers, SOS Hydra Mask, mascara, two Lip Perfectors, Eau Dynamisante Candle and of course their classic Beauty Flash Balm.
10. The Total Body Treat: Grace Cole Discover & Delight Beauty Advent Calendar, £50, is perfect for treating your whole body. With bath & shower gels, body lotions, nails files, hand cream, soaps, body mist and even some gorgeous tea lights to set the mood, this is an absolute treat for yourself or someone you love.
Are you going to be buying a beauty advent calendar this year for yourself or someone you love? Tell us your choice below!
[su_button url=”https://www.sosensational.co.uk/health-and-beauty/” target=”blank” background=”#6c20b1″ size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Read more Beauty Blogs[/su_button]