As we get older, collagen tends to become somewhat of a buzzword.
But, why is it so special? We’ve seen beauty gurus and health experts mention it, and we’ve seen plenty of products feature it, but is it worth the hype? We think so, so we wanted to answer this simple question for you- what are the best collagen products?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, but it slows down with age and other factors like sun exposure, smoking and an unhealthy diet, and this is why we start to see joint pain, sagging skin and nagging wrinkles.
Fortunately, there are 5 fabulous benefits to collagen!
- Arguably the main reason many people use collagen is to increase the elasticity of your skin. This makes your skin look youthful and glowing with soft and supple skin, and decreases the amount of fine lines and wrinkles.
- A lesser known positive of collagen is that it burns fat and helps build muscle! It has a concentrated amount of glycine which helps you power through your workout by giving your muscles the fuel they need.
- Collagen works well for gut problems like IBS, by strengthening and protecting the lining of your digestive tract- which can promote better gut health and even reduce cancer risks.
- Did you know collagen can improve the appearance of stubborn cellulite? Of course, it’s natural to have it, but we’d all love to help it out a little bit!
- Finally, collagen can even reduce joint pain and symptoms of arthritis as it’s made from amino acids, which protect and rebuild joint cartilage.
After looking into this for you, we decided to catch up with our favourite health brand Proto-Col. As the ‘collagen experts’, they had to be our go-to brand to put their products to the test. Take a look at our favourites now…
These tasty red berry drinks deliver an effective dose of collagen peptides and can be drank on their own or diluted with water or juice; a great alternative to collagen powder. With all the benefits above, these are an easy way to get your daily dose to help support healthy nails, hair and skin.
If you’re looking for an easy way to add collagen to your skin whilst gorgeously moisturising it at the same time, this £9.50 facemask is the perfect choice! The 5 star reviews all mention how radiant your skin looks after wearing it, how it decreases wrinkles overnight and plumps the skin; and this mask can also be used as a moisturiser!
If you’re looking for collagen supplements that naturally promote the body’s own production of collagen, Proto-Col’s Collagen Skin Plus is a great choice. With added vitamins A, C, D and E to nurture nails and skin, this is an ideal choice if you have dry or ageing skin.
Finally, if you’re looking to target your eye wrinkles, the collagen eye filler should be your go-to. This gorgeous filler helps to smooth the skin whilst filling in fine lines and wrinkles, as well as optically refining the appearance daily! It works as a great makeup base too, perfect for popping your concealer on top.
Have you tried any collagen fillers you’d love to recommend to us and other readers? Let us know in the comments below!