This year’s home interior trends for 2019 provide the perfect opportunity to spruce up your home; we think there’s a trend for everyone!
Natural, sustainable materials are key trends this year, and come intertwined with hints of luxe tones, tropical plants and classic linen. With our run-down on the best trends for mature homes this year, we’re choosing our favourite looks that are timeless and classic, meaning you won’t quickly tire of these sensational looks.
Indoor plants have been trending for a number of years now, but we think their health benefits mean pretty flowers and monsteras aren’t likely to go out of style any time soon. Indoor plants are actually known to increase wellbeing, improve air quality, reduce stress and more; so not only do they look gorgeous, they’re great for your environment too! Tropical prints also continue to reign, this year in more subtle, soft colourways with chic pinks and greens, and rattan to match!
- Graham & Green Faux Potted Areca Palm
- Brissi Leaves Cushion
- Laura Ashley Palm Leaf Acrylic Serving Bowl
- George Palm Print Easy Care Duvet Set
- Marks & Spencer Triple Layer Ceramic Flower
- Made.com Banana Leaved Wall Art
- La Redoute Palmir Flat Woven Rug
With 2020 on the horizon, we’re heading back into the roaring twenties with décor and interiors to match! The modern incarnation of this is crafted from jewelled and rich tones, decadent mirrors and scalloped designs complete with vintage art deco touches. Velvet sofas and couches in jewelled tones continue to rule, but if you’d prefer to keep your look understated, why not just add extra touches of gold to your room or a chic photo frame complete with indulgent tiling?
- John Lewis & Partners Kolong Cushion
- H&M Metal Vase
- La Redoute Ecaille Geometric Cushion
- Brissi Berlin Armchair
- John Lewis & Partners Deco Smoked Glass Mirror
- Next Rose and Orange Blossom Wick Candle
- Marks & Spencer Geometric Print Bedding Set
Linen never goes out of style, but this year it really has hit fashion heights! Cool linen is perfect for summer, and the simple look with new bedding or a plush cushion makes it easy to update your home with this trend. To mix up the look and add a cosy feel to your room, we love mixing up linens with textured materials, such as fringed throws and woven cottons.
- Brissi Lavender Plant in Linen
- Made.com Quintus Set of 2 Linen Cushions
- John Lewis & Partners DKNY Bobble Throw
- H&M Sturdy Jute Rug
- La Redoute Volos Chunky Woven Cushion Cover
- Habitat Linen Pink Duvet Cover Set
We’ve seen so much terrazzo this year, and this style looks perfect in every house! Mix this Mediterranean design with nomadic prints for a real mish-mash of cultures that you’re never too old for. Elephant print bedding, tassled cushions and rich patterns are key for this colourful, summery trend.
- Made.com Freda Large Rug
- Brissi Voyage Vase
- George Terrazzo Print Cushion
- La Redoute Capana Tribal Print Cotton Cushion Cover
- John Lewis & Partners Fusion Amira Towels
- Marks & Spencer Terrazzo Print Bedding Set
If nomadic looks aren’t your thing, take inspiration from classic stately homes and country gardens with this vintage look. Floral cushions and bedding look just the part, or choose simple curtains and details complete with braided edges and ruching or trims to add a nod to the style.
- Trouva Boho Floral Velvet Cushion with Gold Fringe Detail
- French Connection Poppy Field Pink Throw
- Brissi Potted Hydrangea
- La Redoute Majari Printed Cotton Cushion Cover
- John Lewis & Partners Kew Royal Botanic Gardens Floral Vase
- Laura Ashley Adeline Printed Duvet Cover
Brown furniture may sound like nothing new, but with the past few years of blacks, greys and whites, this takes on a new role in the house. Recycled, environmentally friendly wood is not only key for this year’s style, but should be on the forefront of any eco-conscious fashionista! Rich browns and antique styles add a sophisticated, vintage touch to your home without looking overly stuffy.
- Brissi Montagny Reclaimed Elm Console Table
- Next Wood Effect Dog Sculpture
- Made.com Anderson Wide Shelving Unit
- The White Company Olive Wood Dipping Bowl
- La Redoute Afsan Solid Mango Wood Mirror
What’s your favourite interior trend for this year? Leave us a comment and let us know!